Positive Behavior Support Service
Northwest ABA offers behavior support service for families and schools that have children and adolescents with challenging behaviors. Our practice adopts the philosophy of Positive Behavior Support and emphasizes function-based, non-restraint behavior management techniques. Our service is two-layered. Our behavior consultants are Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and provide consultation for teachers/parents and supervise Behavior Technicians. Consultants with BCBA certificate -not psychologists, doctors, or self-proclaimed behavior specialists- are the only nationally recognized experts in behavior support. We also offer direct one-to-one behavior support for your child/student by Behavior Technicians. All of our Behavior Technicians go through rigorous training on behavior management and applied behavior analysis.
- Commitment to positive behavior support (PBS) and non-restraint strategies
- Emphasis on prevention rather than postvention
- Focus on skill acquisition along with reduction of challenging behaviors
- Function-based behavior management and communication training
- All Behavior Technicians (BT) trained in principles of ABA and non-restraint behavior management techniques
- Supervision by Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) for quality assurance
- Collaborative partnership with caregivers/school staff
- Empowerment of caregivers/school staff through ongoing training and consultation
- Flexible service format (short-term and long-term support)
- Outcome/results-driven practice
- Safety for children/students, parents/teachers, and other children/students.
- Reduction of challenging behaviors
- Acquisition of functional communication skills that replace problem behaviors
- Empowerment for caregivers and professional development for teachers